Your ventilation and air duct systems need just as much maintenance as your heating and cooling units. Simply changing your air filters every now and then is not enough to ensure optimal air flow through the vents or to prevent debris from clogging your heating and cooling systems. For guaranteed fresh, clean indoor air look to the experts at Colonial Plumbing & Cooling Co., Inc.
When is it time to call for professional air duct cleaning?
- Small particles or debris come out of the vents.
- You notice that your vents are producing little to no air flow.
- When the heater is on, there is a strong burning smell.
- It has been two years or more since you last had your air ducts cleaned or maintained.
- You have never had your air ducts cleaned.
We are your local Colonial Heights air duct cleaning and repair team focused on complete indoor air quality solutions for your total comfort. Read our latest reviews.
What are the benefits of this service?
Professional air duct cleaning not only improves your indoor air quality, it also improves the efficiency of your heating and cooling systems.
Benefits of regular air duct cleanings:
- Prolongs the life of your heating and cooling systems.
- Reduces the amount of air borne bacteria.
- Allows air to flow smoothly without stressing the HVAC units.
- Identifies problems in the air duct system or the heating and cooling system.
How can you avoid ventilation problems?
It is possible to prevent air duct problems, but you will need to be proactive and ensure regular maintenance, both on your part and ours.
- Clean your air ducts every two years.
- Only use the appropriate size and grade air filter.
- Change your air filters at least twice a year, or at the beginning of every season.
- If your thermostat indicates that it’s time to change the air filters, you will need to change all of them.
- Remove any dust collecting along vent trays.
Contact us today
While there are several things you can do on your own, such as replacing your air filters on a regular basis, that does not mean your air duct system is able to properly filter out the small debris and particles that may be flowing from your heating and cooling system. There are also dusts particles, airborne bacteria, mold, and mildew that can become trapped and eventually fester inside your air duct system. Strong airborne diseases such as influenza can travel through your air duct system and move throughout your property, threatening your indoor air quality. We recommend a microbial treatment inside the air duct to protect your indoor environment. Call us for more information.
A properly operating air duct system helps lower energy costs while protecting your heating and cooling system’s equipment. If you have never had your home’s air ducts cleaned, or if your system is due for a cleaning, give us a call today.